Recently, I grown to like “Gao Choi Fa” (韭菜花) also known as the Chinese leek. It tastes like spring onions but sweeter and crunchier. I bought some few days ago and thought maybe I’ll cook it for dinner so this is my own recipe.
1 bunch of Chinese Leek (韭菜花) – they sell in bunch at the market
1 clove of garlic, sliced
a handful of dried prawns, soaked and chopped
1/2 tsp chili paste (optional) – I put crispy shrimp chili
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in a frying pan/wok.
2. Add garlic and stir fry till light brown.
3. Add the dried prawns and stir fry for 1-2minutes, till fragrant.
4. Add in the chinese leek.
5. Add in the sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, chili and water.
6. Stir fry for 1-2minutes. Do not stir fry till it’s too soft or it will loose the crunchiness.