This morning I was watching Jamie Oliver and I was inspired to go to the kitchen to cook immediately. In mind of what ingredients left in the fridge, this recipe came to my mind. Simple, easy and I love it! Yums!
1 ‘circle’ of linguine (Make a circle with your index finger and the thumb around the pasta)
1 clove of garlic, sliced
4-5 dried chillies, washed
2 portobello mushrooms (or other fresh mushrooms of your choice)
4 sprigs of fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp dried italian herbs)
salt & pepper to taste
1 lug olive oil
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and add the linguine. Stir well and boil rapidly for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
3. Add the garlic and stir till light brown.
4. Add the dried chillies and mushrooms. Stir fry for 1-2mins.
5. Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
6. Drain the linguine and transfer them to the frying pan and stir fry for 1-2mins. Make sure it’s well mixed and serve hot.
Note: You can use the same amount of ingredients for 2 servings, just cook more linguine.