Lately I got so addicted to cooking and so crazy about Jamie Oliver’s recipes so I decided to get some friends over for a casual lunch so that I can cook more dishes and get them to try 😛 So this recipe and the following 4 recipes were the ones which I cooked for them. Glad that all of them turned out very well 🙂
As I did all the cooking by myself except a bit help from my husband on washing some dishes, cutting the onions and frying the sausages, the recipes I picked were very simple, fast and yummy!
This recipe is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s recipe. The combination of chicken and bacon made the whole dish really juicy and tasty.
5 chicken breast (skin removed)
8 strips of streaky bacon
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
a knob of butter
a little of white wine (I replaced with Shaoxing cooking wine)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
2.Trim and wash a large leek, remove the outer leaves, then slice it into 0.5cm/¼ inch pieces.
3. Add these to the bowl with the fresh thyme, a good glug of olive oil, butter, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and the wine and toss together.
4. Place the leek onto the foil tray (I used a Pyrex container). Put the chicken breast on top of the leek.
5. Then, put the bacon on top of the chicken breast. Arrange neatly to cover all the chicken and the leek.
6. Drizzle with olive oil, place a couple of whole thyme sprigs on top and cook in the middle of the oven for 25 to 35 minutes.