It’s the time of the week again – cooking for my cell group. Initially, I wanted to cook curry but since I am down with sore throat, headache and slight flu, thought curry will not be a good idea. One of my favourite pasta recipes is Linguine alle Vongole. This is my 2nd time cooking this recipe and the last time was 2 years ago. I have forgotten which recipe I cooked from so I went browsing thru a few recipes and came up with one of my own 🙂
3-4 dried chillies
3 cloves of garlic
1 tomato, chopped
a handful of parsley, chopped
3-4 fresh basil, chopped
1kg fresh clams, washed
200g squid (optional)
170ml, white wine
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil a large pot of water. Add a little salt and olive oil. Once the water is boiling, cook the pasta according to packet instruction but minus 1-2 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat until hot. Add the garlic, dried chillies, tomatoes and half of the parsley. Stir for 2-3mins.
3. Add in the clams and squid. Stir for 1-2 mins then pour in the white wine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 mins. Stir them occasionally. Then, discard any clams that haven’t opened up.
4. Add in the remaining parsley and basil. Drain the pasta and into the pan.
5. Squeeze in the lemon and serve while it’s hot.