Today, I tried something special. I have always noticed a very different type of pasta at the supermarket and I thought well, maybe I should try cooking it 🙂 It’s called the fusili lunghi pasta. Such an interesting pasta. Looks like instant noodle 😛 And this is my own recipe!
300g fusili lunghi pasta (or fettucine)
200g streaky bacon (6 slices), roughly chopped
150g fresh Japanese hypsizygus mushroom, roughly chopped (or oyster mushroom)
60g parmesan cheese
3 tbsp crème fraiche
3-4 fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp of dried mixed Italian herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add a bit of olive oil and salt.
2. Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
3. Meanwhile, heat a pan with a splash of olive oil.
4. Fry the bacon until crispy and golden.
5. Add the mushroom and stir fry for 2-3mins.
6. Add the crème fraiche, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir fry for 1-2mins.
7. The pasta should be done around the same time. Drain and reserve a cup of the pasta water.
8. Add the pasta into the bacon and mushroom mix.
9. Add the basil and Italian herbs. Mix well.
10. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of the reserved water.
11. Serve hot.