When I was in Malaysia, I only knew one kind of ‘tau miu’ – which looks like this. But when I moved to Hong Kong, I found there’s another ‘tau miu’ and it’s leafy. I tried to google to see the difference in terms of the English names. If I am not mistaken, the Msia ‘tau miu’ is called sweet pea sprout while the HK one is sweet pea shoot. I like both types but the one in HK is seasonal. I was very happy to see them in the market today.
1. Rinse and drain the tau miu.
2. Heat the oil in a wok.
3. Saute the chopped garlic till fragrant.
4. Add the tau miu, salt and sugar. Stir fry 2-3mins.
5. If the vegetables are too dry, try adding a few drops of water while stir-frying.
6. Dish out and serve hot with rice.