Besides the pasta salad that I have prepared, I also made some bruschetta. Good olive oil and balsamic vinegar really give the bruschetta a different taste. Love it!
1 loaf of french loaf, sliced to about 1.5 inch thick
2 tomatoes, diced
300g cherry tomatoes, diced
10 olives, sliced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil, to drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Mix the tomatoes, olives, vinegar, worcestershire, parsley, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. (You can prepare this in advance.)
3. Drizzle some oil olive on every slice of bread.
4. Line the bread in the oven and toast for 8-10mins.
5. Spread the tomato mixture on the bread (without the juice) and serve immediately.