This is another method of cooking fish. I particularly like how well the sauce goes with plain rice. If you are too busy to cook but yet crave for a home-cooked meal, this is the way to go.
1 fish, about 400g
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2-3 scallion, finely sliced
1 inch of ginger, finely sliced
2 stalks of spring onion, cut to 2 inches
2 tbsp soy sauce
a dash of sesame oil
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
2 tbsp of oil
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Steam the fish for 8mins.
3. Heat up the oil in a pan on medium heat.
4. Brown the garlic, scallion and ginger.
5. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and shaoxing wine.
6. Once the fish is ready, pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with spring onions.