I plan to make some lunchboxes for work and some of the foods that are easier to pack are stir-fried dishes. I suddenly felt like cooking black pepper udon because I’ve never tried making. This is one of the common items in HK restaurants.
250g beef, sliced
1/2 big onion, thinly sliced
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp of corn flour
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of soy sauce
a dash of pepper
2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1-2 tbsp of coarsely grounded pepper
1. Marinate the beef with Seasoning A for 5-10mins.
2. Boil 1 litre of water in a pot. Once boiled, add the udon and turn off the heat. After 2-3mins, drain the udon into a bowl. (Do not overcook)
3. Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Add the shallots, garlic and big onions. Stir-fry till light brown.
5. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1-2mins.
6. Add the udon and Seasoning B. Mix well.
7. Serve warm.