I was wondering what to cook for lunch on a Saturday and my friend told me she was cooking Maggi Goreng for breakfast. Maggi is a brand of instant noodle in Malaysia. Maggi goreng i.e friedMaggi is one of the more popular street stall foods. Like anything unhealthy, it’s super delicious. After she mentioned, I felt like eating too 😛 I always cook instant noodle chinese style and never tried this before so I gave it a go. (But oops, I forgot to buy chicken so it became a vegetarian Maggi Goreng.)
3 packets Maggi instant noodle
2-3 shallots, sliced thinly
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 fried tofu, cut into 1cm thickness (available in the markets)
1/2 tomato, chopped
a handful of choy sam (chinese cabbage)
a handful of taugeh (beansprouts)
1 big chili, thinly sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1. Boil a pot of water and cook the instant noodles for 2-3mins. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok/pan on medium heat.
3. Stir-fry the garlic and shallots for 2-3mins.
4. Add the choy sam, taugeh, tomato and taufoo. Stir-fry on high-heat for 1-2mins.
5. Add the instant noodle, soy sauce, dark soya sauce, sugar and chili. Mix well.
6. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins or according to the dryness you prefer.