My colleague from Vietnam brought some Vietnamese sausage for us. Just eating it without cooking is certainly yummy but I thought I wanted to try something new so I decided to cook it with vermicelli 🙂
2pcs of dried meehoon (vermicelli), soaked in warm water for 5mins
50g dried prawns, soaked in hot water for 10mins and finely chopped
1 red chili, finely sliced
a handful of mushrooms (your favourite)
150g Vietnamese sausage, sliced (or luncheon meat)
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat a wok with cooking oil over medium heat.
2. Stir fry the dried prawns, chili and garlic for 2-3 mins.
3. Add the Vietnamese sausage and mushrooms. Stir fry for 1-2mins.
4. Add the meehoon, sesame oil, salt & pepper.
5. Stir fry for about 5mins until everything is mixed well.