I’ve been into cooking seafood lately. Since our church moved to Wanchai, I’ve the chance to pop by the Wanchai market every Sunday after church. They have amazing varieties of fresh seafood and I love going there! So today’s menu is Kam Heong Clams or I should call it Kam Heong La La. In Malaysia, we call clams “la la”. No idea why ;P Kam Heong is a popular style in Malaysia with the aroma of curry leaves, which is not common at all in Hong Kong.
Serves 2-3 ppl
500g clams, soaked in salt water for an hour and drained
10 shallots, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
5 chili padi, chopped
a handful of dried prawns, soaked, drained and chopped
2 stalks of curry leaves
2 tbsp cooking oil
cornflour water (1 tsp cornstarch with 2 tsp of water)
1/2 tsp soya bean paste (min see)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1. Heat up wok or large pan with cooking oil over medium heat.
2. Saute the dried prawns for 2-3 mins.
3. Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, chili padi and curry leaves. Stir-fry till aromatic.
4. Add in the clams and Ingredients A. Turn up the fire and stir fry thoroughly.
5. Cover the lid and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the corn flour water, mix well and serve hot.