I love tapas! I haven’t found a reasonable priced Spanish restaurant in HK which serves good tapas. Really miss La Bodega in Malaysia. One of the dishes that I used to order is the eggplant/aubergine/brinjal tapas. As we’re having a party tomorrow and this comes to my mind. It’s great as a dip or as pasta sauce.
1 big eggplant, cut into 1 inch thick
1 big onion, peeled and sliced into 1 inch thick
3 bell pepper (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green), de-seed and sliced into 1 inch thick
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 cup of olive oil
salt, to taste
coarse ground pepper, to taste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp mixed herbs
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Mix Ingredients and spread on the tray, creating a layer only.
3. Put in the oven and cook for 45mins.
4. Remove from the oven and mix with ingredients B.
5. Use a blender and pulse the ingredients together. Pulse according to your preference, chunky or fine.
Tips: Can be eaten cold or warm.