One of my food highlights when growing up was Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies – the crunchy type! Only lately was I introduced to chewy cookies by a friend. 1st time I had it, I didn’t like it soon grew on me. So I tried making it. My 1st attempt baking chewy chocolate chip cookies. I splurged on Ghirardhelli mini semi-sweet chocolate chips which I bought from San Francisco recently.
2 cups all-purpose flour
180g unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1.5 cups Ghirardhelli mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Line pan with baking sheet.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl.
4. Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
5. Mix in the sifted ingredients.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
7. Drop cookie dough 1/3 cup onto the baking sheet, about 2-3 inches apart.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
9. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.