Tiramisu is one recipe which I’ve wanted to make all these years but every time I read the recipe, I put it aside cos it’s kinda troublesome. I like simple and easy recipes 😛 My friend showed me Nigella Lawson’s tiramisu recipe and it seemed quite easy so I gave it a try. I got the below recipe from Nigella Lawson’s website. Try this!
350ml espresso coffee, made with 350ml water and 9 teaspoons instant espresso powder, cooled
250ml Baileys cream liqueur
2 x 200g packets Savoiardi (Italian lady finger) biscuits
75g caster sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1. Mix the coffee with 175ml of the Baileys in a shallow bowl. Dip the biscuits into this liquid; let them soak on each side enough to become damp but not soggy (Important!). Line the bottom of a 22cm square glass dish with a layer of biscuits.
2. Separate the eggs, but keep only one of the whites. Whisk the two yolks and the sugar together until thick and a paler yellow, then fold in the remaining 75ml of Baileys, and the mascarpone to make a moussy mixture.
3. Whisk the single egg white until thick and frothy; you can do this by hand with such a little amount. Fold the egg white into the yolky mascarpone, and then spread half of this mixture on top of the layer of biscuits.
4. Repeat with another layer of soaked Savoiardi, and then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
5. Cover the dish with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to serve, push the cocoa powder through a small tea strainer to dust the top of the tiramisu.
Alternatively, you can also make the tiramisu in small little cups 🙂