As I opened my freezer this morning, thinking what to cook for dinner, I chose pork chop. So how to cook it? I browse through some recipes and got inspiration so here it is…
2 pork chops
2 sprigs of rosemary
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp of butter
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
150ml white wine
1 tsp of cornstarch mix with 1 tbsp of water
sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Rub the pork chop with ground pepper and salt.
2. Heat the pan on medium heat. Add butter and olive oil.
3. Once the butter is melted, put in the pork chop.
4. Pan-fry for about 3-4mins. Turn over.
5. Add rosemary to the pan while cooking the pork chop. Let the fragrant seep in.
6. Continue frying the other side for 3-4mins depending on thickness and how cooked you want it to be. If the pork chop is too thick, you might want to poke holes in it with a fork.
7. Once ready, dish up and put aside.
8. Using the same pan, put in the garlic and the remaining rosemary. Stir fry for 2-3mins.
9. Add the white wine, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and ground pepper. Let it simmer.
10. When it starts to boil, add the cornstarch mix to thicken the sauce.
11. Put in the pork chop and flip the it to coat it evenly with sauce.
12. Dish up and serve hot.