I was 1st introduced to this style of cooking scallops in HK. I really like how yummy they taste! It’s really easy and the whole process takes less than 15mins.
3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
a handful of vermicelli
1. Soak the vermicelli in cold water for 8-10mins.
2. Roughly cut the vermicelli with a scissors, about 3-4 times.
3. Divide the vermicelli among the scallops.
4. Heat up 1 tbsp of oil and pour over the garlic.
5. Season the garlic with a dash of sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper.
6. Put the garlic on top of the vermicelli.
7. Boil a pot of water. Steam the scallops on high heat for 3 minutes.
8. Serve hot.