After a long and busy day at work, I felt like eating something yummy and ‘homey’🙂 I had some leftover rice and some ‘char siu’ (barbecued meat) in the fridge so I thought the easiest and fastest meal I could make is fried rice🙂 I used to always joke about how much my dad loves to cook and how he would take the trouble to cook even though he’s just alone at home. I can see the resemblance in me over these few years. haha! I got some chinese leek from the market. Of course you can use other vege like long beans or ‘bak choy’.
2 bowls of cooked rice
100g-150g ‘char siu’ or ‘siu yuk’ or pork (diced)
120g chinese leek (cut to about 2 inches in length)
1-2 lug of olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic
1-2 teaspoon of shaoxing wine (optional)
50-100g prawns (optional)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Heat the wok with oil.
2. Add garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add the chinese leek and stir fry for a minute.
4. Add the ‘char siu’ and stir fry for half minute.
5. Add the rice and stir fry for half minute.
5. Create a well in the middle and crack the eggs into it. Leave it for half minute.
6. Mix well. Add the salt, pepper, soy sauce and wine. If you have prawns, add it as well.
7. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.